The 2021 Kookaburra Kahuna 2.0 Cricket Bat
Initially developed in 2001 in conjunction with Ricky Ponting to cater for the demands of the dynamic stroke player, the Kahuna has stood the test of time and continues to develop to meet the demands of the modern player in terms of profile, pick-up & ultimate performance.
- World cup winner Jos Buttler
- Iconic – classically evolved to meet the demands of the modern game
- Middle; approx. 215mm to 235mm from toe
- Edge Thickness; approx. 35mm to 38mm
- Edge Profile; rounded
- Face Profile; curved
- Spine Height; approx 64mm to 67mm
- Scallop; approx. 1mm to 2mm
- Bow; approx 11mm to 12mm
- Handle; oval
- Weight; Short Handle @ 2lb 8oz to 2lb 10½oz
- ‘Vertex’ Grip
- ‘Kookaburra Pre-Prepared’ (KPP)
- Grade 2 Unbleached English Willow
- Short Handle only
Kookaburra Cricket Bats are 100% handmade. The process where bats are hand crafted recognises that every piece of willow is different and utilises the vast experience that we have in manufacture to give every bat a unique treatment, fine tuning the shaping & pressing, to ensure that the pick-up is unparalleled & performance maximised.
In the production of their Cricket Bats, Kookaburra use willow sourced in the UK from the World’s leading growers – in combination with their definitions & experience the various qualities of willow that you can expect to receive are as follows;
- Grade 2 – excellent quality blade but usually more red wood may be visible than on a Grade 1. This does not affect the playability of the bat. Similar number of grains to a Grade 1 with potentially the odd blemish or butterfly in the grain on the face of the blade.
2lb 8oz, 2lb 9oz, 2lb 10oz