The 2021 Kookaburra Beast 2.0 Cricket Bat
Return of the most feared bat in the game. Redesigned to meet the demands of the game in 2021. The Beast provides ‘game-changing’ players the opportunity to intimidate the bowler and make a real statement in their play.
A new powerful profile with exceptional ‘pick-up’ by virtue of the Kookaburra ‘Counterbalance’ handle makes sure that the Beast will pack a heavyweight punch.
- Power – built for the big hits
- Middle; approx. 215mm to 235mm from toe
- Edge Thickness; approx. 35mm to 38mm
- Edge Profile; rounded
- Face Profile; rounded
- Toe profile: square taper
- Spine Height; approx 64mm to 68mm
- Scallop; approx. 1mm to 2mm
- Bow; approx 11mm to 12mm
- Handle; oval counter-balance
- Weight; Short Handle @ 2lb 8oz to 2lb 10½oz
- ‘Silicon’ Grip
- ‘Kookaburra Pre-Prepared’ (KPP)
- Grade 2 Unbleached English Willow
- Short Handle only
Kookaburra Cricket Bats are 100% handmade. The process where bats are hand crafted recognises that every piece of willow is different and utilises the vast experience that we have in manufacture to give every bat a unique treatment, fine tuning the shaping & pressing, to ensure that the pick-up is unparalleled & performance maximised.
In the production of their Cricket Bats, Kookaburra use willow sourced in the UK from the World’s leading growers – in combination with their definitions & experience the various qualities of willow that you can expect to receive are as follows;
- Grade 2 – excellent quality blade but usually more red wood may be visible than on a Grade 1. This does not affect the playability of the bat. Similar number of grains to a Grade 1 with potentially the odd blemish or butterfly in the grain on the face of the blade.
2lb 8oz, 2lb 9oz, 2lb 10oz